Sunday, July 9, 2017

The First Week That Was of The New Fiscal Year

Here’s Top Cat for Kellogg’s Corn Flakes!

Yesterday put me on a real nostalgia kick for comics and cartoons. You know how it is.

The Week That Was

A busy and significant week last week, so let’s get right down to it.

The theme was songs about picnics, independence, and holidays. Everyone seemed to like the songs I chose, even though one of them wasn’t actually a song, but a dramatic reading of The Declaration of Independence.

It was a significant day on Tuesday, as I reached the 1100-days-in-a-row threshold and my 1400th post since starting.

I did a couple of twofers this week: the regularly scheduled High School Days post that featured Gilbert O’Sullivan and an encore presentation of my second-ever Two for Tuesday, featuring Arthur Fielder and The Boston Pops playing a couple of Sousa marches.

My one-liner was taken from an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show, specifically the first episode of the third season, where Rob is recounting how he thought he and Laura came home with the wrong baby after Richie was born. And hilarity ensues, as they say.

Also on Tuesday, I completed a quiz that I found on “GhostMMNC”‘s blog, Teleporting Weena. It was twenty random questions about myself, and it was well-received. I’ll be working on a quiz of my own and have it on the blog later this week. You have been warned.

The prompt was “the last thing that made you laugh.” I had seen the episode of Frasier the night before where he encourages everyone to take a leap of faith on Leap Year Day. Needless to say, it was a disaster for all concerned, and when he tries to avoid the same thing happening to him, it comes back and haunts him. Karma is a terrible thing, no?

I featured Kip’s latest playlist of ten songs about destinations, though I made some changes to the artist in a couple of cases. I’ll feature songs the rest of you chose starting tomorrow.

socsbadgecropped

Linda’s prompt was “ick.” In listing subjects and/or words that contained “ick,” I discovered that I was listing a lot of cartoon characters from comic strips and television. So that became my topic.

It’s a freebie tomorrow on Monday’s Music Moves Me, so I’ll be playing some of your destination songs, and more of them on Friday. I haven’t decided on who the featured artist on Two for Tuesday will be yet. I think I have enough artists to get me through to Labor Day Weekend. We’ll have a Battle of the Bands on Saturday (halfway through July already… where does the time go?), as well as a One-Liner, a Thursday post prompted by Mama Kat on Thursday, and one prompted by Linda on Saturday. I’ll get my own “twenty questions” quiz out there sometime this week.

It’s going to be one of those weeks… I’m getting a couple of new crowns, the preparation for which will be done tomorrow afternoon. Then, before the permanent crowns are installed, I need to have gum surgery for something called “crown lengthening,” which evidently takes six weeks for recovery. Plus I’m on call for more lymphatic drainage (my regular therapist is on vacation this week, so I’ll be seeing the other one, who is also the therapist who took care of me last year). I didn’t schedule anything, but they’ll let me know if they have a cancellation.

And that’s it for this edition of The Week That Was. See you in the funny papers!




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment