Tuesday, July 4, 2017

A Momentous Occasion!

This is the last post I plan on doing about milestones for a while. Promise.

Today is the 1100th straight day I’ve posted, and it just so happens that this is the 1400th post I’ve done since July 1, 2014.

What I’ve learned by doing this:

  • You can do this. This goes without saying, but to be honest, I thought I would have given up long before this.
  • Don’t worry about the numbers. Of course I’m more than a little curious how many people see the blog every day, but I’ve learned not to worry about it. I’m not doing this for money, though more than a few people have suggested it.
  • To make friends, be a friend. As Yogi Berra said, make sure you go to people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t go to yours. I’m not always the best about visiting blogs, but I do try to read the blogs of people who read mine, and I do as much hopping as I can in blog hops.
  • Write for yourself. Or to put it another way, no fun for the writer, no fun for the reader. I hope you enjoy the music posts, because I sure do. Ditto the sometimes very old commercials I add to some of them. I put them there because I like to see them, and I figure you do, too. I write about things because I like to write about them. I don’t branch off into politics or religion too much. I’ve done enough of that in the past, and ended up hating what I was writing. So I don’t write about those things. Hope you don’t miss them.
  • It’s worth it. The mere act of writing and dumping my thoughts onto the screen is worth all the time I put into it.
  • It pays to be grateful. Even if no one was reading and commenting, I would do this. That said, it sure is a lot more fun when I learn that people are reading and give me a thumbs-up or leave me a comment.

All of which is to say, thank you for reading and commenting. I love you all.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment