Saturday, June 10, 2017

More Internet Follies #socs

I finally got Comcast to admit that the problems I’ve been having are at their end, and they agreed to send someone out Tuesday to figure out what’s wrong.

Naturally, the Internet is working fine now, but I’m going to have them look anyway, because as sure as God made little green apples, it’s going to go out again, and damned if it hasn’t happened again. No, never mind, it looks fine now.

It’s the weirdest thing. When it’s cloudy (even raining and storming) and/or cool outside, it seems to be all right. When it’s hot and sunny, we have trouble. We’ll be going on fine, suddenly nothing seems to be getting through even though all the lights on the modem are burning bright, then the modem resets and it goes through the process of restarting, and it takes a number of tries by the hardware to establish a connection to the Internet, and often I have to do a hard reset by pulling the plug and plugging it back in after a minute. They say “you can use the Xfinity smartphone app to send a signal to the modem,” and I tell them I do that and nothing happens.

So we’ll have to see what they say on Tuesday. I’ll be working from Starbucks tomorrow, so I can get a lot done then (I can usually knock out three entries in an afternoon). Stay tuned for further updates.


socsbadgecropped

Stream of Consciousness Saturday is brought to you each week by Linda Hill and this station. Now a word from our sponsors.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment