Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday’s Music Moves Me: Songs From 1978

It’s a “freebie” day here on M4, so I thought I’d feature some music from the year I graduated college and Mary and I got married. I looked at the Billboard Year-End Hot 100 from that year and took the first six songs that I liked. Hope I have some of your favorites here.

  1. Exile, “Kiss You All Over” This was Exile’s only hit on the Pop chart. They’ve had more luck on the country chart. It’s from their 1978 album Mixed Emotions and was #5 for the year.
  2. Player, “Baby Come Back” from their 1977 eponymous first album. The song was released in late 1977 and reached #1 in early 1978. It was #7 for the year.
  3. Commodores, “Three Times A Lady” From their 1978 album Natural High. It spent two weeks at #1 on the Hot 100 as well as on the Soul chart in August, and three weeks at #1 on the Adult Contemporary chart. It finished the year at #10.
  4. Paul Davis, “I Go Crazy” The first single from his 1977 Singer of Songs: Teller Of Tales LP. It only reached #7 on the Hot 100, but spent a record forty weeks on that chart. It finished the year at #12.
  5. Eric Clapton, “Lay Down Sally” From his fantastic 1977 Slowhand LP, it rose to #3 on the Hot 100 and finished the year at #15.
  6. Nick Gilder, “Hot Child In The City” From his City Nights LP, it made its way slowly up the chart to #1 by late October. It finished the year at #22, and was featured in the 1984 movie Angel.

And that’s Monday’s Music Moves Me for June 12, 2017.

Monday’s Music Moves Me is sponsored by X-Mas Dolly, Callie, Cathy, and Stacy, so be sure and visit them, where you can also find the Linky for the other participants.


Photobucket



from The Sound of One Hand Typing

1 comment:

  1. Those were all some of my favorites during my college years. Some great music for a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete