Saturday, June 3, 2017

Hey! What’s The Weather For The Weekend Gonna Be? #socs

Will it be hot? Cold? Rain? Snow?

I write a lot about the weather, whether it’s good or bad. I’ve done several posts of songs about the weather, including this, this, this, this, and this. I’ve also talked about wanting to be a weatherman, here, here, and here. I don’t know whether you want to go back and look at the posts; I did, and had a lot of fun doing it.

Do you ever do that, go back through your posts and get lost re-reading them? I know I do. Maybe on days when I don’t feel like doing this, I’ll start re-running the old posts. Hasn’t happened yet. You know what else I find when I do that? People who haven’t commented in a while. I need to go back and try and catch up with them. I wonder if any of them are still blogging.

Speaking of commenting: One of the biggest problems I’ve found is commenting on Blogger sites. Not leaving comments, mind you, but getting the replies. Let’s call it an inconvenience and a hassle. You can check a box on the form that says “Email me followup comments,” but then you get every comment, starting with yours, in your email. You then have to figure out whether the email you get is directed at you or someone else. I think I have a pretty workable solution: when I leave a comment on a Blogger site, I put the article in Pocket and tag it “comment.” That reminds me to go back and check the comment and see if there are any replies to it. You might want to try that.


socsbadgecropped

Stream of Consciousness Saturday is brought to you each week by Linda Hill and this station. Now a word from OnTV, Chicagoland’s first pay TV.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment