Thursday, March 2, 2017

Writer’s Workshop: Ten More Instagram Accounts

I can never resist the prompt “List the top 10 Instagrammers you’re loving this month.” I’ver done similar lists here and here, and wanted to make sure I didn’t repeat any like I did the last time. So now, if you’re quite ready, let’s begin…

lickwars Videos of people jamming on the guitar. It’s amazing how far guitar players have come in technical ability. Not that I ever had that much technical ability…

Instagram Photo

history_in_pictures As the name implies, historical pictures, captioned so you know what you’re looking at.

Instagram Photo

mimo_and_kirry As I said the last time I did this exercise, I follow a lot of cats. As the number of furkids dwindles here, I can always look at others.

Instagram Photo

tinaguocello I first saw Tina Guo in a video with Yvette Young. She’s an amazing cellist and a very glamorous young woman.

Instagram Photo

xdebbie.pearlx Debbie Acenas is a guitar player of considerable talent, and is the mother of a little one who appears sometimes in her pictures.

Instagram Photo

gretchenmenn Another very talented woman guitar player.

Instagram Photo

punsworld You like puns? You’ll like these.

Instagram Photo

i.kuskus.you Another kitty account, this one from Russia. The descriptions are in Russian, but that doesn’t matter. The pictures and videos are a riot.

Instagram Photo

venice_life600 and santamonicafun This takes a little explanation: My company used to have an office in west L. A., and the hotels we would stay at were in Santa Monica, down by the ocean. One day I finished class early, and having nothing better to do, I walked over to Santa Monica pier. I spent about an hour there, then decided to take a walk along the ocean. I just kept walking and walking and ended up at Venice Beach, which seemed to me like quite a distance even though it’s only a couple of miles. Hey, even then I wasn’t in the best shape, though I could really hike when I got it in my head.

Instagram Photo

Instagram Photo

I have an Instagram account as well, where I post all the badges of challenges I’ve completed on Two Dots. I have a bunch of images that I’ve saved over the years from Facebook and the like. Sadly, there doesn’t seem to be a way to upload them from a desktop computer. I’ll have to find a way around that…

Hope you’ve enjoyed this little traipse through some of my favorite Instagram accounts. Looking forward to seeing which ones you come up with.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment