Monday, March 27, 2017

Monday’s Music Moves Me: Themes From Irwin Allen Shows and Movies

I realize this is later than usual… I ran out of time yesterday before I got the chance to write this entry, then I had to be an adult and do the taxes and follow up on an insurance problem today. Then, after lunch, I sat down to watch Bonanza on MeTV, only to learn, much to my chagrin, that we no longer receive MeTV: it moved to a station outside the Atlanta area at 9 AM this morning. Where or when it will return, I don’t know; all I know is that we now have Escape on two different channels.

One of the things I’ll miss, at least until we get MeTV back, is their late-night sci-fi programs that run after 1 AM on Saturday night/Sunday morning. It’s then that they run the Irwin Allen-produced sci-fi programs from the Sixties. All of the themes but one in today’s MMMM were written by John (or, as he was known in the Sixties, Johnny) Williams. Williams and Allen had a working relationship not unlike that of Henry Mancini and Blake Edwards.

Land Of The Giants

The Time Tunnel

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea Theme music by Paul Sawtell

Lost In Space

Allen went on to produce disaster movies such as The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno. Not exactly sci-fi, but I’m on a roll.

The Towering Inferno

The Poseidon Adventure

And that’s Monday’s Music Moves Me for March 27, 2017.

Monday’s Music Moves Me is sponsored by X-Mas Dolly, Callie, Cathy, and Stacy, so be sure and visit them, where you can also find the Linky for the other participants.


Photobucket



from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment