Monday, March 20, 2017

Monday’s Music Moves Me: RIP Chuck Berry

Chuck Berry… man, what a player. I heard he had passed Saturday, and have read a few of the obits and tribute posts to him, all of which said he was a legend, which he was, the Father of Rock ‘n’ Roll, which he was (or at least one of them), etc. etc. etc. As I see it, Chuck influenced George Harrison, who in turn influenced me.

Here are a few songs, and I found a way not to repeat any that others have posted: I started with “Guitar Boogie” and let YouTube pick the rest. I came up with some gems I hadn’t even heard of. Enjoy!

“Guitar Boogie”

“Woodpecker”

“House Of Blue Lights”

“Tulane”

“You Never Can Tell”

Chuck was still performing until before he died, and it took death to get him to stop. He’s probably still playing in Rock & Roll Heaven. Rest in peace, Chuck Berry, and thanks for all the great tunes.

Monday’s Music Moves Me is sponsored by X-Mas Dolly, Callie, Cathy, and Stacy, so be sure and visit them, where you can also find the Linky for the other participants.


Photobucket



from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment