Friday, February 17, 2017

The Friday Five: Songs With “Pain” In The Title

My knee is killing me. I get this terrible shooting pain when I walk on it. I’m hoping with enough Aleve that it’ll go away on its own, but if it still feels this bad on Monday I’m calling the doctor. But, it gives me an excuse to give you five songs with “pain” in the title.

The Police, “King of Pain” From 1983’s Synchronicity, it reached #1 on the Mainstream Rock Chart and #3 on the Hot 100.

Carly Simon, “Haven’t Got Time For The Pain” From 1974’s Hotcakes, it reached #2 on the Adult Contemporary chart in the US and #1 on its Canadian Counterpart.

Robert Cray, “The Forecast Calls For Pain” From 1990’s LP and EP Midnight Stroll, this wasn’t released as a single.

Eurythmics, “No Fear, No Hate, No Pain (No Broken Hearts)” This was an album track on 1983’s Touch, and wasn’t released as a single.

Alice Cooper, “Pain” Another album track, this one from 1980’s Flush The Fashion.

Can you think of other songs with “pain” in the title? Leave me a comment and I’ll get to them next week.

That’s your Friday Five for February 17, 2017.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

2 comments:

  1. Haven't got another song with pain in it but having a pain following your very helpful post on the A-Z blog about posting links in a comment. I copied your instructions exactly but the post link goes to my blog but shows the home page with "this post no longer exists" and the home link just goes back to the A-Z blog. When I checked the source code it's adding "no follow" into the code which I assume is something to do with a setting. But I haven't been able to work out what or how to change it. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scratch that! Played around with it and got it to work! Hope the knee is less painful.

      Delete