Saturday, February 25, 2017

How Now, Brown Cow? #socs

How to start this? I know…

I’ve told this joke here before:

Harry Potter: Voldemort’s got no nose!
Ron Weasley: How does he smell?
Harry Potter: Awful!
(Ron and Harry burst into laughter while Hermione stand with hands on hips, rolling her eyes)

I can’t claim credit for that joke; I stole it from Monty Python’s Flying Circus and changed it a little.

giphy
Created on Giphy from a Monty Python video.

A lot of jokes start with the word “how,” especially the light bulb jokes. I found a whole site dedicated to them. Here are some favorites:

  • How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Programmers don’t change light bulbs. That’s a hardware problem.
  • How many (insert ethnic group here) does it take a change a light bulb?
    Five. One to hold it and four to turn the ladder around and around.
  • How many science fiction writers does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Two. One to screw in the light bulb, and one to say, “In 1876, Jules Verne had the first intimations that electrostatic power was a viable energy alternative. Hitherto, the only sources …”
  • How many Scotsmen does it take to change a light bulb?
    Scotsmen don’t change light bulbs. It’s cheaper to sit in the dark.
  • How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
    Fish.

By now, I’m sure you are trying to figure out how I decided to go with this. Simple: I saw the prompt, took the first thing that popped into my head, and ran with it. I do that every week. Surprised? If so, what surprises you most, that I do that every week, or that this is the stuff I came up with when the prompt was “how”?


socsbadgecropped

Stream of Consciousness Saturday is brought to you each week by Linda Hill and this station. Now a word from Schlitz Malt Liquor; no one does it like The Bull!




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment