Thursday, January 12, 2017

My Right Hand #JusJoJan

Today’s word in the Just Jot It January blog hop is “tingle,” sent to us by Tessa at Always A Writer.

2017-01-12-14-07-50
Yes, this is my right hand.

One of the effects of the stroke is that I have a constant tingling in my right hand, the one which no longer works except for some very basic use. I’ve adapted to this, thus the name of the blog, but sometimes it’s frustrating that I can’t use it as well as my left hand. I’m sure, had I been patient and worked with it more consistently, I would have regained at least some usability with it, but face it, I’m not a patient person, and get frustrated and give up if things don’t go exactly perfectly.

It’s been ten years, and frankly, this not being able to use it is bullshit. Pardon my French, but it is. If I started now, maybe by the end of the year I’ll have regained enough mobility and dexterity in it to at least hold a pen and write, and hold a guitar pick and play.

You know, I ain’t doing anything else. Maybe I’ll give it a try.

Anyone dealt with hand issues? What did you do to regain the use of it?




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment