Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Elusive Butterfly #JusJoJan

Judy from Edwina’s Episodes tells us that today’s Just Jot It January word was sent in by Evelyn of Eclectic Evelyn, and it is elusive. (That last sentence reminds me of a joke: A high-school English teacher tells her class one day, “There are two words you should never use: one is ‘swell’ and the other is ‘lousy’.” A kid in the back of the room sticks up his hand: “Okay, what are they?”… Trust me, you’ll wake up at 3 AM and laugh…)

Since learning what today’s prompt would be (because it ended up in my RSS feed just before I went to bed), I’ve had this song running through my head. Bob Lind had a single with it and it reached #5, but this sounds much different: it’s longer, the lyrics are different, and it doesn’t have the tambourine and strings. I like this one better, because there are verses I haven’t heard before, and it changes the whole song for me. From 1966, “Elusive Butterfly.”




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment