Saturday, November 19, 2016

Yes, I Mean No #socs

First, a bit of news: yes, I managed to get XAMPP and WordPress installed and import this site into it (at least up through Wednesday). My next trick will be to understand how the tables fit together and create a single table that has all the stuff I want in it, so I can actually use the thing. No, it will not be easy, but yes, I have enough understanding of SQL to do that, and yes, I will be making a backup copy of the database for when I screw it up.

Like a lot of people I know, I have the terrible habit of saying “yes” when I really mean “no.” At least I did. My career from grammar school through the stroke was all about saying “yes” when I meant “no,” and I’m sure it was a contributing factor to the stroke. Maybe not directly, but because I did self-destructive things in an attempt to assuage myself because I had said “yes” when I meant “no.”

Blame it on codependency if you want, but what I needed to learn was not to say “yes” when I meant “no.” Mary used to joke that I needed to make myself flash cards that said “NO!” on them. She was right.

I love this:

Not that I ever said it to anyone, mind you, including many times I should have.


socsbadgecropped

Yes, this is part of Linda Hill’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment