Tuesday, November 15, 2016

BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “Happy Days Are Here Again”

BATTLE OF THE BANDS! (BOTB Top Photo)

I’m not sure, maybe this song was done already, but in light of the fact that the election is now over (Thanks be to God, Alleluia, Alleluia!), I’m doing it again. Or maybe for the first time. Whatever.

A week ago yesterday, AM, who runs the blog Ramblin’ With AM (which you should be reading), posted two versions of “Happy Days Are Here Again” in honor of the election, and said “I could almost do a battle of the bands! (I won’t.)” Well, she wouldn’t, but I will, and she was kind enough to agree to let me do it. All the background material is over on her blog, so let’s get right down to the contestants.

CONTESTANT #1: Ben Selvin and The Crooners

CONTESTANT #2: Mitch Miller

All right, so here’s the deal: give them both a listen, decide which one you like better and tell me which it is by leaving a comment, along with a word or two about why you liked it better. Then, visit the other blogs which are doing Battles today and do the same thing. Here’s a list:

Jingle Jangle Jungle
Mike’s Ramblings
Curious as a Cathy
Janie Junebug Righting & Editing
Tossing It Out
THE DOGLADY’S DEN
J. A. Scott
YOUR DAILY DOSE
STMcC Presents ‘BATTLE OF THE BANDS’ *
Angels Bark
Cherdo on the Flipside
DiscConnected

* Stephen has the current list of participants on his site

I’ll announce the winner next Tuesday, so get your vote in by Monday night. The lines are open now. Best of luck to our contestants!




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment