Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday’s Music Moves Me: Commercial Jingles!

So, here’s the prompt, as of Friday afternoon:

Theme for Monday’s Music Moves Me this Monday is “One old commercial” or two if you like! If you’d like to post more get rid of those tunes that sticks in your head that you can’t get rid of.

Now, you know I can do this all day, right? I spent much of my misspent youth watching TV and listening to the radio, absorbing everything I saw and heard as though the TV and radio waves were running through my head and imbedding themselves in my brain. (And they probably were.) I’ll limit myself to five, as I usually do.

Ajax Cleanser If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know Dad taught my aunts and mother to sing this one. Yesterday was Mom And Dad’s 62nd anniversary, and I wish they were here so I could celebrate it with them.

Rice Krispies Snap, Crackle, and Pop jam on the Rice Krispies song. The part where the three of them are singing their verses all together is simply magnificent.

Alka-Seltzer The full tune, “No Matter What Shape,” by the T-Bones, is here.

Chevrolet Featuring the beautiful Ms. Dinah Shore. From 1956, like me.

Carling’s Black Label Beer commercials have some of the catchiest jingles, and this might be the catchiest. Carling is a Canadian brand that isn’t distributed much in the US any more.

And that’s Monday’s Music Moves Me for October 17, 2016.

Monday’s Music Moves Me is sponsored by X-Mas Dolly, Callie, Stacy, Cathy, and Naila Moon, so be sure and visit them, where you can also find the Linky for the other participants.


Photobucket



from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment