Monday, October 3, 2016

Monday’s Music Moves Me 2: Elvis Songs From Movies

Well, that’ll teach me. I usually put these posts together on Sunday afternoon, and always check X-Mas Dolly’s blog for the theme for that week. Now, I knew that last week was a “freebie,” meaning there’d be a theme for this week, too. HOWEVER, when I went to Dolly’s page yesterday at 2 PM, it still said this week was a freebie, so I went with that. Imagine my surprise when I get up this morning to a bunch of M4 posts all going with the official “Elvis Songs” theme.

Well, I already had a M4 post done, and I briefly considered just going with that, but I just couldn’t. I had seen nearly everyone’s post and saw that The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll’s greatest hits had been covered pretty well, so I went instead with songs from some of his movies. WLS-TV in Chicago (the ABC station) used to have a “3:30 Movie” every day, and Elvis Presley and Jerry Lewis movies were popular (probably because they could hack them to pieces to fit all the commercials in), so I’ve seen a lot of them, though I can’t remember much about them.

Wooden Heart (from G. I. Blues, 1960) The melody is that of “Muss I Den,” a German song. I knew it sounded familiar.

No More (from Blue Hawai’i, 1961)

Bossa Nova Baby (from Fun In Acapulco, 1963) I had an acquaintance when I was much younger (probably around the time this song was released) who loved this song.

Gotta Lotta Living To Do (from Loving You, 1957)

Trouble (from King Creole, 1958)

And that’s your second Monday’s Music Moves Me for October 3, 2016.

Monday’s Music Moves Me is sponsored by X-Mas Dolly, Callie, Stacy, Cathy, and Naila Moon, so be sure and visit them, where you can also find the Linky for the other participants.


Photobucket



from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment