Wednesday, October 5, 2016

#1LinerWeds from NBC 10 Philadelphia

“Not only is it dangerous, it’s insane,” said Al Walton Jr., a bicyclist. “And without a helmet.”

Evidently, this past Sunday some guy pedaling a “big wheel” down Roosevelt Boulevard in Philadelphia had traffic tied up pretty badly. So, naturally, what does someone do? Does he call the police and have them come after the guy, who’s probably breaking half a dozen traffic laws? Of course not… he takes out his smartphone and records the whole thing for posterity, then sends the video to one of the local TV stations, who can then send one of their junior reporters out on the street to stop pedestrians and ask them what they thought about it. Must have been a slow news day.

I was disappointed when I read and heard this story, because when they said he was riding a “big wheel” I thought it was one of these…


1linerwedsbadgewes

One-Liner Wednesday is sponsored each week by Linda Hill (link to come).




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

2 comments:

  1. Remember a time when people use to help people or report crimes, now we just capture them! I say that and I am only 41!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's as though everything is seen as some form of entertainment. Sometimes I think it's like with my cats. They'll find a bug crawling across the floor (this is the south, it happens), and start "playing" with it, i.e. catching it, tearing off one of its legs, and letting it go. When I finally step on the bug and put it out of its misery, they all look at me like, "hey! We were playing with that!" Same principle applies here. I hope to God we don't get so involved in shooting pictures and video of a house fire that we forget to call the fire department...

      Delete