Monday, September 26, 2016

Monday’s Music Moves Me: Yvette Young

Freebie day today, so I’d like to introduce you to a young woman whose guitar playing blows me away, not just to hear, but to watch.

I found Yvette Young on Instagram, where she often posts clips of herself playing portions of her songs. She was the frontwoman for the “math rock” band Covet, and is now on her own. Her music, whether with Covet or as a solo, is delicate and hypnotic. Some might say her music is “repetetive”; I prefer to think of it as “meditative.” She plays a seven-string headless Standberg guitar with MG pickups as well as an American Standard Telecaster; I’m not sure what she plays for acoustic (earlier videos show her with a Martin). She also plays the violin and piano, and I’ve seen her with a harp…

Sea Dragon (with Covet)

Adventure Spirit (with Melody Huang on cello)

Nautilus (with Covet)

Hydra

A Map A String A Light

She has a website on Bandcamp, and of course on Facebook and YouTube.

I hope you’ve enjoyed Yvette’s music as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you. That’s Monday’s Music Moves Me for September 26, 2016.

Monday’s Music Moves Me is sponsored by X-Mas Dolly, Callie, Stacy, Cathy, and Naila Moon, so be sure and visit them, where you can also find the Linky for the other participants.


Photobucket



from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment