Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Excitement of Indexing #socs

Daily blogging has its advantages and comes with a certain number of unique problems, particularly with a blog like mine. It doesn’t help that I have a memory like a sieve, and that occasionally it tells me I’ve written about something when really I haven’t, or vice versa.

So, I’m working on a new project: an index for my blog. I know it sounds like a lot of extra work, but in the long run I think it will help me and maybe suggest areas for future blog entries. I’ve already done this for my Two for Tuesday entries, and while I don’t always remember to update it, it’s really helped me, and I hope you’ve been getting some use out of it.

So, my next project will be indexing the Battles of the Bands. I’m not sure where to go after that, whether to work on the Friday Fives, Monday’s Music Moves Me, my A to Z Challenges, or the videos I’ve used on the site. That last one would be a lot of work, I know, but I think sometimes you might be getting tired of the same ones all the time. Either that, or I’m extrapolating my own feelings.

I’m also wondering how far to go back. The blog was pretty awful when I started back in 2012, and it really wasn’t until July 2014 that I really started taking this blog thing seriously. Part of me says don’t bother with the early stuff, another says it’s a part of history, good or bad.

I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions…


socs-badge-2015

Linda Hill does an exemplary job of hosting Stream of Consciousness Saturday every week, especially in coming up with the prompts, laying down the rules, and collecting the pingbacks to everyone doing this challenge. An example of all of this can be found here.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment