Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday’s Music Moves Me: Your Inspirational Songs

Last week, I presented five songs that inspire me, in keeping with the M4 theme, and asked you which are the songs that inspire you. I got back a double album-sized list of songs, which I built into a YouTube playlist. You can see the whole playlist here, all eighteen songs, close to two hours’ worth of music. I already hit you folks with five songs every time I do one of these, and I thought eighteen was way too much. Then, I tried splitting the list in two, with the idea I’d do half today and half on Friday, but each list was close to, if not over, an hour, still way too much.

Finally, I landed on the perfect solution: tell you where the whole list was (which I’ve done), and pick a representative five songs to feature today. So, first, thanks to all my contributors…

The people I’ve linked to are other bloggers, so visit their blogs. If you’re not reading them, you’re missing a lot. I’ll bet the people not hyperlinked to could write some pretty good blogs, too, hint hint.

Now, on to the tunes… I picked these at random, in case you’re wondering…

Leaves of Grass – Gordon Lightfoot

Earth Song – Harry Belafonte and The Muppets

It’s My Life – Bon Jovi

Everyday People – Reba McEntire & Carole King

Right Here, Right Now – Jesus Jones

And that’s Monday’s Music Moves Me for August 29, 2016. Next week: Back To School Songs!

Monday’s Music Moves Me is sponsored by X-Mas Dolly, Callie, Stacy, Cathy, and Naila Moon, so be sure and visit them, where you can also find the Linky for the other participants.


Photobucket



from The Sound of One Hand Typing

2 comments:

  1. Bon Jovi have actually written quite a few songs that I find inspirational and affirming. Good to see them on your list :-) I'm listening to the playlist now - yay for Queen making a double appearance.

    ReplyDelete