Friday, July 8, 2016

The Friday Five: Five “Catch” Songs

We’ve done surveys a lot lately, and I decided to get back to the themes I had been doing. Today’s theme: CATCH. Here are five songs with “catch” in the title.

Catch A Falling Star – Perry Como The first song I thought of when I came up with the theme, because I had been thinking “star.” Mr. Relaxation reached #2 in the US with this one in 1958. Its flip side, “Magic Moments,” spent eight weeks at #1 in the UK.

Catch Us If You Can – The Dave Clark Five The DC5 reached #5 with this in the US, UK, and Canada at different times in 1965.

You Can’t Catch Me – Chuck Berry I first heard The Blues Project cover this one, but Chuck played this for the 1956 movie Rock, Rock, Rock. It never charted, but it’s a good song anyway.

Catch The Wind – Donovan Another one I heard The Blues Project do first (yes, they were an eclectic band and yes, they were a big influence on me). It was his first single, released in 1965, and reached #4 in the UK and #23 in the US.

Don’t Let The Sun Catch You Crying – Gerry and The Pacemakers Another of the great Merseybeat bands, Gerry and The Pacemakers reached #6 in the UK and #4 in the US with this in 1964.

So there you have it, five songs with “chase” in title. Can you think of any others? That’s The Friday Five for July 8, 2016.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment