Saturday, July 9, 2016

BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “Iko Iko” Results

BATTLE OF THE BANDS! (BOTB Top Photo)

This turned out to be a much better battle than I thought it would be. I chose the two contestants believing one would run away with it, and neither one of them did. The results in Battle “Iko Iko”:

Dr. John: 9
Natasha England: 8

Congratulations to Dr. John, and to Natasha England for making this a real horse race. Were I to vote, I’d be inclined to give it to Natasha so we’d have a tie. I liked both versions about the same.

Kip, who came up with the idea, said “Surprised you didn’t use the Grateful Dead version, but when the Grateful Dead is involved all the deadheads vote for them even if it is not the best!” I’m not sure how many Deadheads we have in the group, but that’s only part of the reason. The other part is I don’t think the Dead are that good unless you’re high. Sorry, Deadheads.

Joey said “I prefer the Belle Stars’ version, as it is from my youth.” That’s also a pretty good version; how it would have done against either of this week’s contestants… well, I’ll leave that up to you.

Our next scheduled battle is next Friday, July 15. I might use another of Kip’s suggestions, or I might hold that one until the next battle. With me, you never know. Join us next week for our next Battle of the Bands.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment