Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Week That Was, Post-Challenge 2016 Edition

This edition of The Week That Was is sponsored by Tootsie Roll Pops. How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

Remember when the wrappers of Tootsie Pops had drawings of kids playing and having a good time on them? We used to say that if you got one with the picture of an Indian chief on it, you knew you were going to have a good day. Soon we figured out that the brown ones always had the picture on them, so those were the ones we took. Ah, the good old days…

The Week That Was

The A to Z Challenge for 2016 is history. I ended up with two themes, and managed to finish both. I am WAY behind in my commenting, both on my own blog and the blogs I follow. As I said last week, I will get around to see everyone, or as many blogs as possible, over the next few months.


Available at the A to Z Challenge blog

Had some technical problems at home: my modem kept resetting and it wasn’t always that simple to get my computer and all the other connected devices back on line. We’ve got two new subdivisions going up near us and Cobb EMC was doing overhead wire maintenance, and my cable Internet provider (whose name begins with C) has no idea that any of that work is going on. I’ve been able to call them and have them reset my modem, but yesterday the modem didn’t reset, so I had to talk to someone, who determined that the problem is my router. I put a different router in, it worked for a while, then the modem reset again. So, I’m replacing both, just to be on the safe side. If I continue having problems, I’ll know it’s them. The new combo unit will arrive sometime this week. If I find myself without Internet service in the meantime, I always have my personal hotspot.

My checkup went well, and I’m off to see a physical therapist a week from Wednesday to see if they can do something about the leg that collects water all day and waits for me to go to bed to empty.

I’ll be getting back on schedule this week, so all your favorite features will return, and all will be well then. That’s all for this edition of The Week That Was. See you soon!




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

2 comments:

  1. As someone who spent 4.5 hours today on phone issues, I can only imagine the frustration with the modem. I don't remember the drawings in the tootsie pop, but I remember getting bored trying to figure out how many licks to the centre (and they never were a favourite!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling I'm not done with modem issues with them. I'm about at the going-medieval stage.

      Tootsie Rolls and Tootsie Pops were made in Chicago. Not that it has anything to do with anything... I never had the patience for Tootsie Pops - I'd always bite into them right away.

      Delete