Friday, May 13, 2016

The Friday Five: “Tired” Songs

This week has left me exhausted. I would have gotten this out sooner, but I had a hard time getting in front of the computer to do this. Anyway, I figured I’d give you five songs with “tired” in the title…

Tired of Waiting For You – The Kinks: This reached #1 in the UK and #5 in the US in 1965 for the British Invasion-era band.

I’m So Tired – The Beatles: One of my favorite songs off the White Album, still one of my favorite Beatles albums.

I’m So Tired Of Being Alone – Al Green: Reverend Al reached #11 on the Pop chart and #7 on the Soul chart with this in 1971. Billboard ranked it the #12 song of the year.

I’m Tired – Madeline Kahn: Blazing Saddles is, to me, one of the funniest movies ever made, and this song is just a small reason why. Madeline plays Lily von Shtupp, “The Teutonic Titwillow,” and does a better Marlene Dietrich than even Marlene herself.

Tired of Toein’ The Line – Rocky Burnette: This song peaked at #8 on the Hot 100 in May 1980, tying him with his father, Johnny, who reached #8 with “You’re Sixteen” twenty years earlier.

Did I play your favorite? If not, let me know what it is in the comments. That’s your Friday Five for May 13, 2016.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment