Monday, May 9, 2016

Monday’s Music Moves Me AND A Reminder About the A to Z Challenge Reflections post

A lot of you (me included) who did the A to Z Challenge have already written your Reflections post about all that was good, bad, or indifferent about the Challenge and posted it to your blog. If you have, or if you plan on writing one, you have until the end of day on Friday to add it to the Linky you can find here. Read the instructions that accompany the Linky carefully and follow them. Then, spend some time visiting the posts that are linked there and find out what everyone else is thinking. Thanks!

It’s a freebie day for the A to Z Challenge, and I’m going to make life easy for myself and just post one video. I’d post more, but as you’ll see if you watch it, there are several songs in it. It’s from the Tennessee Ernie Ford Show from April 13, 1961, when Ernie’s guests were the Everly Brothers. Don and Phil do a couple of numbers together, “Lucille” and “Walk Right Back,” then Ernie joins them for a little joking around and two numbers, “Rattlesnake Blues” and “Bird Dog.”

I love this video. Tennessee Ernie Ford was a great country and gospel singer and he clearly was quite fond of the Everlys, and this was just one of many apearances they made on his show.

Anyway, that’s Monday’s Music Moves Me for this week.

Monday’s Music Moves Me is sponsored by X-Mas Dolly, Callie, Stacy, and Naila Moon, so be sure and visit them, where you can also find the Linky for the other participants.


Photobucket



from The Sound of One Hand Typing

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Tennessee Ernie Show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember seeing it. I'm not sure any stations in Chicago carried it, or I was in school when it was on.

      Delete