Thursday, May 19, 2016

Followup from last week

I spent this morning getting my legs wrapped. This isn’t the heavy-duty wrapping, just a wrap to keep the swelling under control. My therapist said there are alternatives to compression socks, but that won’t be for a while. Right now, the trick is to get the leg to a more or less normal size.

It was easy to find the place, never a given when dealing with hospitals and their various clinics and outbuildings. As a bonus, there’s a back door into the lot from a much-less-busy street, so we don’t have to get on the road in front of the hospital to get there. That should shave some time off the drive next time. As it was, we had to be there at 9, and traffic in our area is a bear during rush hour. We’ve scheduled all my remaining appointments for between the rush hour periods. No more getting up at the crack of dawn to get there…

As I suspected, the issue I had with IFTTT being unable to access anything in Feedly is the result of my not being a paid Feedly customer, and evidently other features I’ve come to rely on will soon find their way behind a pay wall. It’s a fine service, and if I felt those features were worth the asking price I might be tempted, but I don’t. So I bid them a fond adieu and chose to cast my lot with Inoreader, which has its issues, but nothing I can’t work around.

The WordPress app for the Kindle Fire is difficult for me to work with, so more tomorrow.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment