Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Week That Was, April 10, 2016

This edition of The Week That Was is sponsored by Tang. Wake up to Tang!

Remember when they advertised Tang as what the astronauts drank? I haven’t seen Tang in years, but I remember how it tastes. Now that I’m older, I take fiber every night, and I notice it tastes like Tang. That’s what they did with it! …

Man, I get busy when the A to Z Challenge is in town. Dixie asked me on Friday for the results of my most recent Battle of the Bands, Battle “Moonlight In Vermont” between The Johnny Smith Quintet and Jo Stafford. I said I would do it Friday, got busy and never posted it. Sorry about that! Here are the results:

The Johnny Smith Quintet: 7
Jo Stafford: 9

Usually, vocal versions of songs do better than instrumentals, so the result doesn’t surprise me. That there were only two points separating them does. Anyway, congratulations to Jo Stafford and a pat on the back to The Johnny Smith Quintet.

I apologize that I didn’t get around to everyone’s Battle this time around. I’ll do better this Friday.

Thanks to all of you who stopped by and said “Howdy!” for one of my two A to Z themes. I’m doing my best to return the favor, but know that I appreciate the traffic and it’s good to meet so many of you.

This will be short, so I can catch up on my blog reading and write entries for the coming week. See you soon!




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment