Friday, April 1, 2016

THE FRIDAY FIVE: “A” Songs

I could have skipped this; heaven knows I have enough to do, between visiting blogs in my co-host capacity, the blogs of people I’ve followed since my first A to Z Challenge (this is my fifth), and the blogs of those of you who were kind enough to visit this morning. However, I made a promise to myself that I’d do the best I could to keep up with the normal schedule around here. So, here we go.

In keeping with the Challenge, I decided to choose five songs whose names started with “A.” To make it harder, I haven’t chosen any songs that start with the words “a” or “an.”

  1. Angela (Theme from “Taxi”) – Bob James: I don’t know if the song came before the TV show or vice versa, but it’s a beauty.
  2. Angie – The Rolling Stones: Written by Mick Jagger in the days he was hanging around a lot with David and Angie Bowie. Rumor is he had a romantic relationship with both.
  3. Albatross – Fleetwood Mac: Liz Brownlee, one of the bloggers I “met” during my first challenge, did her “A” entry about the albatross. She wrote a beautiful poem about the albatross, and I told her it reminded me of this song. It’s worth reading, so why not visit her?
  4. Abracadabra – The Steve Miller Band: There was a classic rock station in Atlanta (which now plays a lot of Nikki Minaj and boy bands) that would play this one about twice a day.
  5. After The Love Has Gone – Earth, Wind, and Fire: Had to include this one from my fellow Chicagoans, mostly because it’s just a great song.

And that’s your Friday Five for April Fools Day, 2016.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

2 comments:

  1. Perfect songs to start A-Z out right.
    Thanks for coming by my blog. You know I will be back!

    Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I know three of these songs, which is an accomplishment because usually I don't know any :)

    thanks for visiting :)

    betty
    http://viewsfrombenches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete