Wednesday, April 13, 2016

#atozchallenge: Knitch

knitch =
knitting + glitch

 

Mary wanted to know what my theme for this year’s Challenge was, and when I told her she made a couple of suggestions, including this one. It is knitting related, because that’s what Mary does a lot of, as we discussed a couple of months ago.

Anyway, a knitch is a mistake you make while knitting. Dropped stitch, knitting when you should have purled and vice versa, etc. When that happens you either have to tink (knit spelled backwards), which is to un-knit, or frog, where you “rip it, rip it, rip it.”

I watch Mary knit, and I’m amazed. Seriously. She also crochets, which is similar to knitting except, instead of needles, you use a hook. (Crochet is the French word for “hook,” if I remember correctly.) Do any of you knit, crochet, or do some other form of needlework (quilting, needlepoint, embroidery, crewel, etc.)?

K



from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment