Friday, March 18, 2016

TV Themes, Part Whatever: Themes By W. G. “Snuffy” Walden

In between having to do all the “grownup stuff” (pay taxes) and all my preparations for the A to Z Challenge (he highlight of my blogging year, and hopefully yours, too), I realized that I have a blog entry due today. So, I did what I usually do when that happens: I said “Let’s do TV Themes!”

Several weeks ago, Cheryl Wright, who blogs at Plucking of my Heartstrings, and I were talking about TV themes, and the name William Garrett “Snuffy” Walden came up, who’s written theme songs and incidental music for a number of TV shows and movies. He has been nominated for a number of Emmy awards for his music for TV, including the five themes I’ve chosen for today.

  1. The West Wing: Walden won the Emmy for this song in 2000.
  2. Early Edition: Walden received Emmy nominations for Main Title Theme Music and Music Composition for a Series for this show in 1997.
  3. My So-Called Life: Nominated for Main Title Theme Music in 1995.
  4. Huff: Nominated for Outstanding Main Title Theme Music in 2005.
  5. I’ll Fly Away: A nomination for Main Title Theme Music in 1992.

I just realized that we never watched any of these shows….

Anyway, there’s your Friday Five for March 18, 2015.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment