‘Tis a Freebie week on Monday’s Music Moves Me, so I wanted to share music by a guy I found on Instagram, of all places…
Jamie DuPuis’s biography on his YouTube page says he’s from New Liskeard, Ontario, now part of the city of Temiskaming Shores in Northeastern Ontario, on the Ontario-Quebec border. He issued his first album, Inspired by a Dream, in 2011. His two albums are available on iTunes. He has a second YouTube library, and you can find out more about him on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, and his website.
- Promenade: An original fingerstyle guitar piece.
- Clear Blue Sky: Another original. Note his use of false harmonics and slapping the strings and the body of his guitar.
- Un Reve De Paris: A Gypsy jazz original, featuring Jamie on guitar and banjo.
- Limehouse Blues: Two of Jamie’s influences are Chet Atkins and Django Reinhardt (also one of Chet’s influences). Both of them recorded this, and here Jamie mashes the two versions together.
- Up & Up: Jamie plays the harp guitar on this Coldplay cover.
- Tears In Heaven: Here he covers Clapton’s song on the harp guitar.
I hope you’ve enjoyed the music of Jamie DuPuis. That’s Monday’s Music Moves Me for March 21, 2015.
from The Sound of One Hand Typing