Monday, March 21, 2016

BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “I’m A Man” Results

BATTLE OF THE BANDS! (BOTB Top Photo)

 

In my latest battle, I chose the song “I’m A Man,” and chose as my contestants The Spencer Davis Group, who did the original, and The Chicago Transit Authority (better known as Chicago), who covered it on their first album. Chicago’s version was the extended album cut, not the much shorter version that was released as the B Side to “Questions 67 & 68” in 1970. The voting went back and forth, and if I’ve counted the votes correctly, it was a slim victory. The results:

The Spencer Davis Group: 8
The Chicago Transit Authority: 10

 

Several of you who voted for Spencer Davis said that the Chicago version was “too long.” I knew this going into the battle; I had tried to locate the shorter single version of the song to make the comparison more apples-to-apples. Would it have made a difference? You tell me…

Anyway, congratulations to Chicago, and a pat on the back for the Spencer Davis Group.

Our next battle is on April Fool’s Day, also the first day of the A to Z Challenge, which I know most of us are participating in. I’ll nevertheless be posting a battle, as I hope you do. See you soon!




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment