Monday, February 22, 2016

BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “Come Together” Results

BATTLE OF THE BANDS! (BOTB Top Photo)

 

Last week’s Battle of the Bands saw The Eurythmics take on Soundgarden on the song “Come Together,” written by John Lennon and recorded by The Beatles in 1969. The votes are in, and here’s the result…

The Eurythmics: 15
Soundgarden: 3

This doesn’t surprise me. If I were to count my own vote, I would have chosen Eurythmics, too. That’s not to say Soundgarden’s grunge-metal version was bad, just not my preference, and I’m not sure it fit the song that well. The website UpVenue got it backwards on this song; they rated Soundgarden way above The Eurythmics.

Anyway, congratulations to Annie and Dave and a thumbs-up to Soundgarden on a job well done.

Our next Battle of the Bands will be a week from tomorrow. Join us then!




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment