Saturday, January 2, 2016

Paws/Pause #socs #JusJoJan

I had to pause for a moment and consider whether I wanted to talk about the cats, all of whom have four paws. In the end, I decided not to. The cats are a huge part of my life, but it’s like not wanting to talk about your kids on your blog. And, of course, if I were to talk about them, everyone would say, “oh, do you have any pictures of your cats?” and the fact is, I don’t. All the pictures of my cats we have are of ones who have slipped off to the Rainbow Bridge; I don’t have any current ones, because neither Mary nor myself take any. I was bad enough at taking pictures before the stroke, and have just gotten worse now that I have only one hand working.

I did manage to get some pretty good pictures of a rainbow that appeared in the sky the other day (I think it was Sunday).

2015-12-27 16.08.51
The best of the bunch

I had that picture on my phone, and I just paused to look at the other pictures I have there.

Do you do this? Collect a bunch of pictures from online, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other places? I do. I’m always worried about using them on the blog, though, because I don’t know what, if any, copyright there is on them. But I’ve managed to amass quite a collection of them. I don’t know why, but I have them. Sometimes I’ll pause and look through them. I don’t know why I do it. Maybe just because it’s something to do.


socs-badge-2015

This Stream of Consciousness Saturday entry was done in response to a prompt by Linda Hill, who comes up with a prompt every Friday for the next day. If you’d like to play along, she has all the rules over at her place. Linda has also declared this Just Jot It January, so the entry is also for that.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

2 comments:

  1. Love the sky! I am an overtaker of the pictures. I have amassed over 10 000 pictures in 5 years. I do suggest you get someone to take a few pictures of your cats because when it is their time to head to the bridge, you will want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know; I'm going to miss this bunch when they're gone, because we've decided this is the end of the line (36 cats, mostly strays, in 38 years; I think we've done our part).

      Delete