Thursday, January 7, 2016

BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “My Special Angel” Results

BATTLE OF THE BANDS! (BOTB Top Photo)

So, let’s see… last Friday I chose the song “My Special Angel,” first recorded by Bobby Helms in 1957, for this battle, and had three combatants: Malcolm Vaughan, who had a hit with it in the UK; Jerry Vale, popular lounge singer; and The Vogues, who had a hit with it in 1968. Here are the results:

Jerry Vale: 4
Malcolm Vaughan: 2
The Vogues: 6

I know it was a pain to have to listen to three versions of a song that you hate (at least Stephen did). In retrospect, I should have left one of them (most likely Malcolm) off the list. I had listened to about a dozen versions of the song (and there were even more out there…) and gotten it down to these three, but couldn’t get it down to two. I’m not going to let that happen again.

Anyway, congratulations to The Vogues on their win, and a pat on the back for Jerry and Malcolm for a job well done.

See you next Friday!




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment