Thursday, December 31, 2015

My Year In Review

Everyone else seems to be sharing their year in review from WordPress.com, so I guess I should, eh what?

Annual Report for The Sound of One Hand Typing

I want to thank all of you who came to visit this past year, particularly the members of my family, who didn’t even know I was doing this until I started publicizing on Facebook. I’m not sure why I didn’t start that before. I mean, the blog’s been around since early 2012 (even earlier, but only as a private blog), but it’s only in the past year that I’ve gotten this much traffic. I started simulcasting the blog on Blogger, and I have a few faithful readers there, and I’ve continued with the A to Z Challenge, Stream of Consciousness Saturday, and the Battle of the Bands (I think I picked a good one for tomorrow, so be here for that), and started doing One-Liner Wednesday and Monday’s Music Moves Me, all of which have given me something to write every day. Thanks to the people who make those things so much fun to be part of and who have encouraged me to join in: Arlee Bird and the other sponsors of the A to Z Challenge, Stephen T. McCarthy and everyone who joins in the Battles of the Bands, X-Mas Dolly who invited me to Monday’s Music Moves Me, and Linda Hill, who created SoCS, One-Liner Wednesday, and next month’s Just Jot It January (JusJoJan).

Be careful if you’re going out tonight; someone on Twitter called it “Amateur Night” because of all the people who are going to be out drinking and driving. Mary and I stay home on New Year’s Eve. We’ve already had our dinner of pizza rolls (I don’t know how that got started, but we have pizza rolls for dinner every New Year’s Eve) and will probably be watching Perry Mason and drifting off to sleep when midnight comes. Be safe, Happy New Year, and the fun starts again tomorrow!




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment