Wednesday, December 30, 2015

#1LinerWeds from Douglas Adams

A-common-mistake-when

I can attest to the veracity of this quote from Douglas Adams, author of the famous trilogy The Hitch-Hiker’s Guide To The Galaxy (which ran to five books), the Dirk Gently mysteries, and several episodes of Doctor Who. I used to say the person who should do your software testing is the person who, when you’ve written the most foolproof code you can, will find a way to break it and possibly bring down the network and every computer on it. If they can’t break it, you’ve done a good job.


One-Liner Wednesday is hosted by Linda Hill, who has probably not had a chance to post her entry for today.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

2 comments:

  1. While I didn't name Zaphod, I am a huge Adams fan, love this quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did he come pre-named? I remember you said he was a rescue dog. A couple of years ago, I re-read the THHGTTG trilogy (all four books; now I hear there's a fifth...), which I hadn't done in at least 20 years. I'm not a fan of sci-fi, but I enjoyed it tremendously.

      Delete