Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Thousand and One Posts!

This didn’t go exactly as I had planned, understand….

Last night’s post, the results of my latest Battle of the Bands, was to have been published earlier this morning, but since I didn’t bother to tell WordPress when to publish it, it assumed I just wanted it posted right then and there. Along with the post, I got this message…

Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 19.26.44

I had been looking forward to post #1,000 on The Sound of One Hand Typing all week, but when I published it, I didn’t realize that was the one. Duh… okay, it’s not entirely my fault. I spent the better part of the day dealing with getting Mary signed up for health insurance, then discovered I couldn’t sign both of us up for dental coverage if I got my insurance (a Medicare Advantage plan… yes, I start it in January) outside Healthcare.gov. As I say in situations like this, “arrarrarrarrarrarrarrarr…”

But I digress.

I had been thinking all week about celebrating post #1,001, anyway. 1001 is a cool number, the product of three consecutive prime numbers (7 times 11 times 13), and one of those prime numbers (11) was my grandfather’s favorite number. Plus, it’s a palindrome.

This has been great fun, and I have no intention of stopping anytime soon. It’s great fun because you’ve made it fun for me, and I want to thank all of you for stopping by regularly, following my RSS feed, getting the posts emailed to you, or seeing the announcements on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ (how long that’ll be around is anyone’s guess), or Pinterest. There are too many of you to name, but I especially want to thank the non-bloggers for following along: my brother Kip, my Uncle Jack, and my friends from LiveJournal, Halfmoon Mollie, Twila, Lisa and Ed. And the bloggers, who are kind enough to stop by and comment, including Arlee Bird, Lauralynn Elliott, Louise Behiel, Linda Hill (who is responsible for many of the posts here as the moderator of One-Liner Wednesday and Stream of Consciousness Saturday), all the bloggers I’ve met through the various challenges I do, all the bloggers from the Battle of the Bands, the members of the group of A to Z Challenge moderators/sponsors/etc., “Mama” Kat Bouska (who runs her Pretty Much World-Famous Writer’s Workshop every week), Kait Nolan (who runs A Round of Words in 80 Days, from which I’ve taken a hiatus) and all of the other ROWers who still come by even if I’m not doing that challenge, Xmas Dolly and the crew from Monday’s Music Moves Me, and all the other bloggers I’ve had the great privilege to read and from whom I’ve learned so much about doing this. Thank you, thank, you thank you!

Now, on to 2,000…

NEWSPPR1



from The Sound of One Hand Typing

1 comment: