Friday, November 20, 2015

A Late Friday Five: Night Songs

FridayFive

I’ve been messing with health insurance all day and am just getting to this. But you knew I’d get to it, right?

I had no idea what this week’s Friday Five would be until I looked out the window and saw it was pitch dark, i. e. it’s nighttime where I am now. Sooo… I decided to put together a list of five songs with “night” in the title. And there are a bunch of them, so I picked the first five I thought of. At some point in the future, I’ll be sure to add to this list, but for now, here we go…

  1. One More Night – Phil Collins: From 1985, it reached #1 on the Hot 100 and #4 on the UK chart. It was certified Gold in the US and Silver in the UK.
  2. A Hard Day’s Night – The Beatles: The theme from my favorite movie of all time, from 1964. The B-side in the UK was “Things We Said Today,” and it reached #1 on the British charts. In the US, the B-side was “I Should Have Known Better,” and it reached #1 on the Hot 100 and was certified Gold.
  3. Saturday Night’s All Right For Fighting – Elton John: From the 1973 album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, it reached #7 in the UK and #12 in the US, which surprises me, because it was on the radio so much during that period.
  4. Night Fever – The Bee Gees: From the soundtrack for Saturday Night Fever, this was released in 1978. It went to #1 in the US and Canada and was certified Platinum in both countries; in the UK, it reached #1 and was certified Gold there.
  5. All Night Long – Lionel Richie: Released in 1984, this went to #1 on the Hot 100 and the R&B and Adult Contemporary charts in the US, as well as to #5 on the Dance chart. In the UK, it reached #2, and it was also a #1 in Australia.

Feel free to nominate your favorite song or songs with “night” in the title. That’s your Friday Five for November 20, 2015.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment