Saturday, October 17, 2015

Surprise! A “Still” Playlist! #socs

I sat still for a long time, wanting to know what I’d do when the prompt was “still.” Naturally, all these songs with the word “still” in the title popped into my head. After all, by now you know that most of my streams of consciousness come in either song titles or lyrics. Anyway, I built a playlist around the word “still.” There are lots more; these were the first ten I thought of. Here are the songs:

  1. Still You Turn Me On – Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
  2. In The Still Of The Night – Ella Fitzgerald (from The Cole Porter Songbook)
  3. In The Still Of The Night – The Five Satins (the doo-wop number)
  4. Still Of The Night – Whitesnake (one of my favorite ’80’s hair bands)
  5. Still The One – Orleans (dedicated to Mary)
  6. You’re Still The One – Shania Twain
  7. I’m Still Standing – Sir Elton John
  8. I’m Still In Love With You – Rev. Al Green
  9. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – U2 (not fond of the band, but I like the song)
  10. It’s Still Rock & Roll To Me – Billy Joel

Enjoy!


socs-badge-2015

This musical interlude is my contribution to Linda Hill’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday. She has the rules and a list of pingbacks from other participants here.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment