Monday, October 12, 2015

Monday’s Music Moves Me: Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!

retromusic1

In honor (or, since we’re talking about Canadian Thanksgiving, honour) of the day, here are a few songs by Canadian artists…

Life Is A Highway – Tom Cochrane (Lynn Lake, Manitoba)

Big Yellow Taxi – Joni Mitchell (Fort MacLeod, Alberta)

No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature – The Guess Who (Winnipeg, Manitoba)

Roadhouse Blues – Jeff Healey (Toronto, Ontario)

Summer of ’69 – Bryan Adams (Kingston, Ontario)

Cry Me A River – Diana Krall (Nanaimo, British Columbia)

La Mer – Lynn Veronneau (Quebec – no city given)

Miss Chatelaine – k. d. lang (Edmonton, Alberta) (Chatelaine is a French-Canadian women’s magazine)

Carefree Highway – Gordon Lightfoot (Orillia, Ontario) (for Halfmoon Mollie, who’d kill me if I didn’t remember him)

Blue Collar – Bachman-Turner Overdrive (Winnipeg, Manitoba) (Some incredible guitar work here)

Tom Sawyer – Rush (Toronto, Ontario) (for everyone else, who would kill me if I left them out)

I could go on, so I’d better stop. That’s Monday’s Music Moves Me for October 12, 2015. Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Thanksgiving shoot out! Those are some great songs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you're not upset I left out Celine Dion? ;) Glad you enjoyed them.

      Delete