Friday, September 11, 2015

9-11-01

John Holton:

I said everything I wanted to say about the horrible day we commemorate today last year. Here it is again, if you missed it.

Originally posted on The Sound of One Hand Typing:

911graphic

I will never forget September 11, 2001.

Having said that, I’m not going to remember it.

I don’t think there’s anything about the day that I want to remember.

I keep everyone who died that day in my prayers. And always will.

But I don’t want to remember seeing the World Trade Center and the Pentagon being hit by jets over and over and over and over and over again, beyond the point of ad nauseum. I don’t want to remember seeing people jump to their deaths. I don’t want to remember the fence around where the World Trade Center once stood draped in the clothes of people who died that day. I don’t want to remember people running away in terror as the towers collapsed.

I don’t want to remember the sorrow and fear everyone in this country felt that that day. Or the way some in the…

View original 175 more words




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment