Saturday, August 1, 2015

Ready! #socs

I see the word “ready,” and it’s as though my brain was ready for it. All kinds of ready have come to me…

  • Rough and Ready, an album by the Jeff Beck Group from the late 1960’s or early 1970’s.
  • Ruff and Reddy, a Hanna-Barbera cartoon I can’t remember much about.
  • Reddy Kilowatt, the cartoon character from the early days of electrical power.
  • “Are You Ready?”, a song by the band Pacific Gas & Electric from 1970.
  • “Are You Ready For The Country?”, a song by Neil Young.
  • Ready Georgia, a program by the Georgia Emergency Management Agency that promotes being ready for severe weather (primarily thunderstorms and tornadoes).
  • The word you see when TSO, IBM’s “Time Sharing Option” (a command and entry system, one of the earliest interactive online systems), can accept commands. It’s usually paired with SPF, the “Structured Programming Facility,” later ISPF (the I stands for “interactive”) and PDF (not the type of document Adobe developed; it stood for “Program Development Facility,” and it included ISPF as one of the menu options).
  • One of the things I wasn’t when Windows 10 was released on Wednesday; I hadn’t made an image of my Windows 7 system, because I didn’t have a place to put the image. I’ve ordered a 128GB flash drive that will hold the 84GB backup file, so everything will be ready when Microsoft finally gets around to putting it on my hard drive. They had to release Windows 10 in waves, because I guess they’d have brought down the Internet if they let it loose all at once.
  • And now Mary is ready to go home (we’re at Starbucks), so I’ll need to shut down and pack up very soon.

socs-badge

Of course, it’s Linda Hill’s award-winning Stream of Consciousness Saturday. Follow the link to read the rules and see which bloggers have joined the challenge this week.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment