Wednesday, August 26, 2015

ONE-LINER WEDNESDAY: My Brother’s Observation (#1linerWeds #1_erWed #lindas1lineWed #lindas1linerWed)

“What’s with all the hashtags, John?” you might ask. Well, remember a couple of weeks ago, when I said we had the approval of the owner to use #1lineWed for this? Evidently, it was causing too much confusion, and we were told to find a new one. Linda, who is running the poll to decide the new hashtag, hasn’t decided what it will be. My suggestion was the first, and as of this writing (3:30 PM yesterday) it’s in the lead by a comfortable margin. Rather than presume it’s the winner, I’ve used all four of the contestants, just to be on the safe side. Linda might not have closed voting yet, so if you have a preference, pop over there and make your voice heard.

Here’s this week’s one-liner, courtesy of my brother Kip:

The-invention-that

Seinfeld was never my favorite show, so I have to take his word for it.

This week’s one-liner is technically three lines, but I’m using it anyway, because it maintains the spirit of a one-liner. Henny Youngman was the King of the One-Liners, and most of his ran to several sentences. (An example: A guy walks into a doctor’s office. He says, “Doc, my love life is terrible.” The doctor says “lose twenty pounds and run ten miles every day.” Two weeks later the guy calls the doctor. The doctor says, “how’s your love life?” Guy says, “I dunno, I’m 140 miles from home.”) For those of you unfamiliar with Henny Youngman, here’s a short sample…

Submitted for your enjoyment, that is my entry into One-Liner Wednesday.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

1 comment: