Thursday, August 27, 2015

My Profile Picture

Mama Kat has this as one of the prompts for this week.

Share the story behind your current Facebook and/or Twitter profile photo.

I’ve been using this as my profile picture for everything, including the blog (you can see it if you scroll to the bottom of the page).

FullSizeRender

We were at Starbucks on my birthday and sitting outside (weather here in late March is good enough to do that). Mary, who never uses the camera on her iPad, decided that it was time she did, took the picture and sent it to me. And I liked it, and decided to use it on all my profiles, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, WordPress, Blogger, and I probably need to put it a couple of other places as well.

I like this picture because I think it’s the best portrayal of the person I am right now. I had been growing the beard for a few weeks, because I got to where I didn’t feel like shaving anymore. And I think it turned out pretty well. (I do trim it since Mary told me I was looking too much like Hägar the Horrible. I told her it could be worse: I could look like Lee Sklar or William Lee Golden. Or Billy Gibbons, for that matter.) I guess I’ve earned the right to no longer care that I’m getting older, and being on Disability, I can go for comfort and no longer have to “dress for success.” Not that I ever really cared about that.

So, that’s the story behind my profile picture.




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment