Friday, August 28, 2015

Five “Green” Songs

FridayFive

If you’ve been following this blog for any amount of time (thank you!) you probably noticed two things: I do a lot of music, and I don’t do lists very well. I’m getting better, though, and I think I’ve landed on a good way to come up with themes. And of course, music plays a big part of them…

Today’s Friday Five:

Songs With “Green” In The Title

This started as “Songs With ‘Blue’ In The Title,” but I came up with way more than five. So, “green” it is.

Green Eyed Lady – Sugarloaf: A particular favorite, both to listen to and to play.

Green Tambourine – The Lemon Pipers: From the Groovy ’60’s, baby, by one-hit wonders The Lemon Pipers.

The Green Manalishi (with the Two-Prong Crown) – Fleetwood Mac This is almost green squared, as this was from FM’s Peter Green era. If you know or find out what a “manalishi” is, let me know in the comments. DuckDuckGo kept leading me back to this song.

Green Onions – Booker T and the MG’s: A great instrumental by a band noted for great instrumentals. If you remember American Graffiti, you might remember this played before the drag race. And if it didn’t, it should have.

Green River – Creedence Clearwater Revival: From their third album of the same name, back in the days when John Fogerty wasn’t running around suing everyone.

And there’s your Friday Five for August 28, 2015. Do you have any favorite green songs?




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment