Saturday, June 27, 2015

STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS SATURDAY: Some people…

The prompt for today is “some” or “sum.” I hear the word “some,” I think this song by The Dramatics, from 1971…

This song came out during my freshman year of high school. I was going to St. Ignatius College Prep, one of the better high schools in the city (maybe because I went there). The University of Illinois-Chicago Circle Campus was through the undeveloped area behind the school, and we learned fairly soon that, if you took the Congress or Douglas line from the subway downtown, you could save yourself ten cents a day. That was fifty cents a week, the price of a pack of cigarettes in 1971. Hearing the song brings me back to those days…

socs-badge

This is another Stream of Consciousness Saturday entry. SoCS is hosted by Linda Hill at her blog. There, you’ll find a list of all of this week’s participants (in the comments) and the rules. Hope you join us!




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment