Friday, May 8, 2015

BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “I Heard It Through The Grapevine” Results

BATTLE OF THE BANDS! (BOTB Top Photo)

To refresh your memory, the battle was over who did a better cover of “I Heard It Through The Grapevine,” Marvin Gaye’s legendary soul number from the late 1960’s. The contestants were Gladys Knight and the Pips, the group who had a hit with it first (although Marvin recorded it first), and Creedence Clearwater Revival (hereinafter known as CCR), who recorded it for what I consider their best album, Cosmo’s Factory.

I had a good number of votes this round, maybe because I got around to everyone, maybe because we all were coming off a high from the recently-concluded A to Z Challenge. There were 19 votes on the main blog and one on the simulcast blog, although that person called it a tossup, so both groups receive a half-vote there.

The final tally:

Gladys Knight and the Pips: 7 1/2
CCR: 12 1/2

Congratulations to CCR, and well done to Gladys Knight. As Barbara said on the FM side, depending on what mood I’m in, I could go with either.

So that’s this week’s Battle of the Bands. Join me here again next week! Bye for now!




from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment