Wednesday, April 8, 2015

BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “Big Noise From Winnetka” Results

BATTLE OF THE BANDS! (BOTB Top Photo)

Now, this is one of those cases where I’m not sure what to do…


Remember, there were three versions of “Big Noise From Winnetka” that were in the running: the original, by Bob Haggart and Ray Bauduc, of the Bob Crosby Orchestra and the Bobcats, a smaller band within the orchestra; a later version by the full Bob Crosby Orchestra and Singers; and a third version by Bette Midler. Here’s the final score:


Bob Crosby Orchestra and Singers: 5

The Bobcats: 3

Bette Midler: 1


Now, I’d leave it at that, except one of the voters said this: I guess I’ll vote for The Bob Crosby Orchestra version, but I would have been pleased as spiked punch to have voted for just the bass and drum version by members of The Bobcats, too. I commented back that the Bobcats’ version was in the running, but never heard back from him. Had he changed his vote, there would have been a tie between the Crosby vesion and the Haggart/Bauduc one. But, the voting is closed, and as I said last week, I don’t give myself a vote. So, congratulations to Bob Crosby and his Orchestra and Singers, featuring Bob Haggart on bass and Ray Bauduc on drums.


Tune in again next week for the next Battle of the Bands!








from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment