Thursday, March 26, 2015

#ROW80: End-of-Round Post-Mortem

ROW80Logocopy

So, here we are, at the end of another round. Of course, for me, it ended a while ago, when I started getting busy with my duties as a co-host for the A to Z Challenge. It wasn’t that I gave up on the goals I set, I just… stopped caring about them, I guess.


I did get where I wanted to be with the posts for the Challenge that starts a week from yesterday; by next Tuesday I plan on being finished with the posts for it, and can dedicate my time to following up with the other participants that have fallen under my purview, and fighting fires… one of those things I seem to do best.


As for the reading… Well, I read 2.5 of the 3 books I had hoped to read, and if you count the ones that I started reading and decided continuing was a waste of time, I’d be well over 3. Guess getting books from all the “Free Kindle Books!” sites is not the way to go. In more than a few cases, I realized that I had overpaid for some of them, even if they were “free.” I saw a quote recently that the price of something is the value of the time you spent on it, in which case, those were some expensive books…


I’ve participated in ROW80 now for three years, and I realized about a week ago that I’m burnt out on it. That, combined with things that will demand my attention over the next couple of months, is why I’ll be taking Round 2 off. I won’t be gone too far; I’ll continue to look in on those of you I’m following on Feedly, and probably leave the occasional pithy comment when I do. I just want to say that I am in awe of the amount of work you folks do. Sometimes I read your updates and I say to myself, “what in the world am I doing trying to keep up with these people?” You’re an amazing bunch; I read some of your updates where you’re saying that you didn’t get anything done, and then I look at the goals you’ve set and what you actually did do… man, you put me to shame.


Good luck next round, and as always, straight ahead…








from The Sound of One Hand Typing

No comments:

Post a Comment